Wednesday, September 23, 2015

STH Blog Hacked?

This morning while checking this blog, I came across many posts where the image especially of storm systems had been removed and replaced with

                                                     http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xo9V-bPag2k/VcMBEcPqx5I/AAAAAAAAGKI/bw7ikVQaFPg/s1600/Jul2015.jpg 

I cannot understand the mindset of prankster or hacker who gets thrills out of destroying data which would help us understand the weather systems in this region better and thereby saves lives. Unfortunately I may not be able to replace the data/image since I normally delete old files after updating the blog.
While I will have to change this practice, may I appeal to whoever disfigured the STH blog to desist from further such action?

Praful Rao,
Kalimpong,
Dist Darjeeling

No comments: